Business Consultant – Level 3
Description : Responsibilities
- Provideleadership, and a holistic vision in the development of the strategy for anintegrated architecture including future state definition and the developmentof critical success factors.
- Providetechnical coordination to technical and operations staff, includingprofessional engineers, IT specialists.
- Overseethe review of business requirements, system requirement specifications, design,testing, implementation, and operations documentation.
Confirm that all system requirements aresatisfied, consistent and tested.Undertake appropriate remediation action, as required.
Escalate tomanagement in a timely manner, as deemed necessary.
- Providesupport to project teams for the preparation and review of solution-specificarchitecture and design deliverables, ensuring that processes are implemented.
- Participatein planning and communication activities, and provide information and supportto implementation and operations-related activities.
- Assistin the development and tracking of business requirements, to ensurerequirements can be bridged between the architectural design for a solution,and the ongoing operational support for the business system.
- Actas the OPI for the implementation of solution deliverables and act as a supportOPI for project related activities.
- Adviseproject leadership and escalate technical and operational challenges related torequirements, design, testing, and deployment of new systems to productionstate.
- Participatein various committees and working groups.Submit monthly reporting schedules for all of the activities carried outin support of the development and maintenance of the design.
- Participatein the informal and formal review sessions and document review and commentcycles associated with solution-specific documents, such as requirements,architecture, design and interface specification documents.
- Leadand or contribute to Shared Service Canada status updates and TechnicalSolution Architectural Meetings.
- TheBusiness Consultant will work in the National Capital Region and no travellingwill be required outside of meetings within the NCA, if required.
Mustdemonstrate that the proposed resource has a minimum of ten (10) years ofexperience as a Business Consultant with large-scale IM / ITbusiness transformation projects.
A minimum of two (2) years must be demonstrated to have included a solutionthat was at least 25% analytics-based. A description of the project must beprovided.
Large-scaledefined as having a project budget of at least $10M.
Mustdemonstrate that the proposed resource hasa minimum of two (2) years of experience within the last ten (10) yearsconducting :
1.) Business analysis
2.)Completing risk analysis
3.)Defining project objectives
4.)Meeting with stakeholders and providing detailed progress reports to SeniorManagement (Director Level or above) on an analytics-based project.
Must demonstrateone (1) large-scale project defining and documenting objectives, goals anddeliverables for an operational working environment.
Large-scale definedas having a project budget of at least $10M.