Forklift Operator, DDC
By joining the RONA family, you'll enjoy many benefits, such as :
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits : insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
At RONA, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our RONA, Lowe’s, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization.
Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, we could be perfect for each other.
Reporting to the Coach, DDC, the Forklift Operator is responsible for the receiving and loading process, practising good housekeeping and maintenance.
The position may require the use of personal protective equipment such as gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, and safety boots.
- Drive a propane or diesel gas counterbalanced-type forklift and / or reach truck
- Inspect prepared loads for accuracy and completeness, comparing loads to transfer requests
- Inspect the forklift and its equipment in accordance with RONA standards and applicable laws
- Unload trucks and store products in storage areas
- Handle products when required
- Provide customer service according to SMART principles for in-store pickup
- Perform and participate in department maintenance
- Work in accordance with company policies and procedures on health and safety and loss prevention (e.g., ensure loads are safe for transport)
- Help prepare orders and load trucks
- Assemble orders, including identifying products from transfer requests, locating material, counting quantity, building and securing loads (primarily loader job)
- Operate the forklift infrequently to prepare transfers, transport material, load and unload vehicles
- Complete the forklift inspection form
- Assist with general warehouse and yard maintenance, removing debris and straightening lifts of material
- Remove returned material from the vehicle and return it to stock as directed
- Indicate the number of cartons received on the packing slip
- Inspect for obvious damage
- Detail inspect damaged cartons refusing to accept damaged products
- Enter the required adjustments on the computer
- Perform any other related task as indicated by the management team
The qualifications we are looking for
- Certificate for driving forklifts and a driver's licence
- Ability to perform continuous physical work, including lifting weights of up to 23 kilograms (50 pounds)
- Ability to work outdoors 80 to 100% of the time and tolerant to extremes in temperature, inclement weather, dust, and intense noise
- Manual skills to operate a forklift
- RONA forklift license
- Ability to identify different species and grades of material
- Good oral communication skills
- Cooperative approach and team player
- Ability to prioritize and respond to changing situations appropriately
- Good organizational skills in order to receive multiple deliveries
- Detail-oriented when processing paperwork and counting stock
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good concentration (required while operating a forklift in a busy warehouse environment and radial arm saws)
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Rona Inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion.
We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.