About Strescon Limited
Established in 1963, Strescon Limited has grown to become the largest precast pre-stressed concrete manufacturer in Eastern Canada.
The primary market covers the Atlantic Provinces, the New England region of the United States, and Bermuda. Strescon manufactures a wide range of both architectural and structural precast / prestressed concrete products;
including, bridge girders, wall panels, complete parking garages, hollow-core planking, piling and deck slabs. Strescon presently has two facilities : 70,000 sq.
ft. in Saint John, New Brunswick and 50,000 sq. ft. In Bedford, Nova Scotia.
In addition to our precast facilities, Strescon opened a state of the art, 32,000 sq. ft. pipe plant in 2001, manufacturing concrete products for engineered drainage systems, such as pipe, manholes and catch basins.
The Field Services Technician is part of the Field crew traveling to various construction job sites, planning and coordinating the installation and maintenance of concrete precast panels.
The job sites are often in areas of Nova Scotia, and sometimes New Brunswick, PEI and the New England states. The position is part of a small crew who work closely as a team to achieve efficiencies on-site for a safe and productive work environment.
The team typically works a 4-day work-week, with occasional opportunities for overtime.
- Assist with planning and coordination of field jobs, erection sequences and work schedules
- Generating and submitting daily reports; summarizing work activities and field variance reports
- Preparing the worksite for installation : reviewing construction drawings, surveying the job site, laying out the building and planning the lifts
- Assist with shipping coordination, managing limitations and conflicts with other projects
- Participating in on-site planning meetings
- Communicating professionally with customers, internal teams and other on-site representatives
- Entering employee time for payroll into electronic time system, Kronos
- Manual labour to support the team to complete work on time and within budget
- Responsible for personal and crew safety in accordance with government and company standards
- Completion of post-secondary technical college program; civil, mechanical, building engineering, carpentry or equivalent
- Ability to read a measuring tape and construction drawings
- Ability to handle very physically demanding work outside and on construction job sites
- Ability to work within a team environment where trust is critical for safe work procedures
- Fall arrest and rigging training considered an asset; will be provided otherwise
- Previous hands-on construction experience is an asset
- Travel to various work sites, as required
- Overtime, as required
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, Strescon Limited offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health and dental coverage, life insurance and retirement planning.
Additionally, we offer health and wellness programming, years of service rewards and employee sport team sponsorships.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors : Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate.
Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of construction-related companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.