The Community, Recreation and Culture Services Department is a leader in the provision and facilitation of recreation, culture and parks services and opportunities.
Through responsible resource management, excellence in programming and community partnerships, the Department will strive to enrich the quality of life for all residents by promoting healthy lifestyle choices, showcasing the City’s rich cultural heritage, and offering a variety of high-quality recreation and arts experience.
Duties include :
These set out the principal functions of the position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements.)
- Welcome and greet guests to the City’s beaches
- Provide screening for non-residents, if required
- Provide active COVID-19 screening, if required
- Encourage COVID-19 safety protocols (such as social distancing, hand sanitizing, etc.)
- Remind guests of posted beach protocols and guidelines
- Interact, engage and talk with guests
- Provide general and wayfinding information to guests
- Notify on-site Municipal Works staff of any maintenance issues (such as beach debris, full garbage, etc.)
- Notify appropriate authorities of any serious infractions and / or incidents
- Provide guests with parking information and notify City By-Law enforcement of parking infractions
- Litter pick-up
- Replenish washroom supplies, if needed
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements :
- Enrolled in full-time studies for the semester preceding the upcoming summer and returning to full-time studies in the following September
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Above average communication skills
- Ability to stand / walk for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions (sun, wind, extreme heat, rain, etc.)
- Standard first aid, CPR C and AED certification
- Police clearance
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- A demonstrated commitment to enhancing a safety culture
Wage : $15.27
Hours of Work : 35 hours per week
Please note that this is is a student position from May to August. This position is subject to funding approval.
The City of St. Catharines is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.